Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sometimes Rest is Good

So, I didn't do a run yesterday like I was going to. Why? Because of the left calf problem I mentioned before. I wanted to know if some quality rest would solve it. So, two days of rest (yesterday and today) and I can't feel a single twinge. Excellent, is what I say!

Tomorrow is my long run. I'm going to get out there around 9:00 am and run my 8 miles, baby. That's the longest I'll have ever run. Ever. I'm excited! I know I can do it; it's just a matter of how I do it - badly, or well. I'm getting my podcasts updated tonight... some Running Stupid and Running From The Reaper (back editions).

Running From The Reaper is 5 years old this weekend... Nigel, who is the podcaster, is having a DailyMile challenge/event where you run 5k for 5 years, which is cool! The podcast is recorded as he's running in the English countryside and he just talks about this that and the other thing; sometimes having to do with running, sometimes not. It's especially nice when you're like me, and don't have someone to run with consistently

Running Stupid is by Coach Ken and he talks about races like the Western States 100, etc. He actually helped coach the female winner! That was an interesting podcast.

Anyway, I'm learning that rest is good. That sometimes muscles just need to heal, and that it (probably) isn't going to be detrimental to my marathon training. Which I am thinking more and more that I am crazy for doing. I'm not going to back out now, though!

The marathon is my Running For One Year goal. My Running For Two Years goal will (hopefully) be an ultra of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment