Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Tired...

But I'm not waiting for anyone...,

Yeah, I know... I'm not that funny...

Anyway, the past 3 days I've been really tired, especially in the morning. Well, mostly in the morning. Resulting in? You guessed it. Another evening run today. Which, of course, did not make me or my parents very happy. We live in couger country, remember?

So, anyway, I thought I might be able to run earlier in the afternoon (it wasn't very hot today) and ended up waiting for R, which I don't mind; it's cool that he has so much steady work to do in this economy, even if it is manual labor!

We got out of the house just before 7:00 pm and ended our run about 9:10 pm... keep in mind that the sun was practically gone at this point and we were discussing the advantages of headlamps as we ran the last .36 miles. Hah.

The run itself was nice. I actually ran it faster than my 6.36 mile run a few days ago, by about 2 seconds... but still! This is 1.4 miles more than that! Okay, it was actually supposed to be a total of 8 miles, but we got out so late that I thought it would be best to cut my losses and just leave that .24 miles where it lay, or whatever. Okay, I'm done with metaphor; I'm not good at it!

Also, I think I need new shoes. Mine are starting to make my feet sore and I'm starting to feel a lack of arch support, which can be alarming - because it feels weird - in the middle of my runs.

Fortunately, it wasn't too hot... but I must've worked hard because nearly every inch of my clothing (all of it! All!) was covered in sweat. I don't think I've ever drenched my clothes that much in sweat.

So, tomorrow morning, I get up early... depending on the forcast, between 7:00 and 8:00 am and do ~2-4 miles. I have to look on my schedule to see which one it is. This should be quite easy and feel short compared to today. That will be nice. Not that I don't enjoy long runs; they're my favorite! The main portion of my training, of course, and I love them. But short runs after long runs are fun. They're not great because, you know, you're not supposed to run the day before or the day after a long run...but here I am, breaking the rules... oh, well. I'll live!

Also, when I was In Town yesterday, I bought Hal Higdon's Marathon training book! It's so awesome! I'm so glad I got it. It was at Borders which, in case you haven't heard, is going belly up, which is unfortunate, but it also meant that the book was marked down 10%. It was only $19.95 and I had a gift card... still, it's nice.

That's all for now, I think. More after tomorrow's run. Here's the breakdown from this run:

Warm up: Lunge Matrix (of course!)
Podcasts: Running Stupid, interview with Geoff Roes; Running From the Reaper, latest one - the 5 year aniversary episode, I guess you'd call it!

Mile 1) 13:49
2)13:14
3)15:18
4)16:28
5)13:37
6)14:22
7)16:12
last .76) 11:14 @14:49 pace.

That's all. I'll get in an early run tomorrow. Now, to scrounge for some food! And water... lots and lots of water...

No comments:

Post a Comment