Wednesday, April 29, 2015

training...and movies...and such

So I've started getting the highs and lows of training... I always have, but it's more emphatic when I'm training for something. The lows are when I feel like I absolutely can't meet my goals; when I feel like I should just give up all together. The highs are when I realiz that, slowly but surely, I'm meeting my goals and getting faster, stronger, better, as it were.

My main goal is to get used to being uncomfortable. Sucess lies in being uncomfortable, sometimes severely uncomfortable. It's the only way to get anywhere.

Honestly, I don't want to be comfortable running.

I really don't have anything against the inspiration quotes that go around saying " A 15 minute mile and a 6 minute mile is still a mile". It does make me feel better. But it also makes me feel complacent. I have a place that I want to be. I don't want to be at a 15 minute mile. I want to be at a 5 or 6 minute mile. So I am avoiding things like that.

Movies? I have found that I really, really, really enjoy the stuff that Casey Neistat (pronounced "nice tat") does. It's just random and rambling enough for me to enjoy and be entertained by... plus, he is a runner so that's always cool. I've considered doing a vlog for a bit now, but I don't know. I'm more comfortable with electronic media when it comes to communicating with people, but I'm still a pretty private and shy person. I've gotten a million times better than I used to be, but still...


No comments:

Post a Comment