Sunday, April 19, 2015

First seriously long run...

I ran 9 miles today... and that's farther than I've run in a very long time. It was also the longest I've run. I felt good, but I had to walk after mile 6.6 because I just felt like I was kinda falling appart. I still ran most of it... just had to take a couple walk breaks. I am not irritated or angry about that, just seriously taking it in to account.

I didn't focus on pace at all because I think long runs should be free from pushing the pace. My mid-length and short runs durring the week are where speed belongs. The long runs will get faster with time.

I am looking forward to my next week of training and it makes me happy to know that this long run didn't completely take it out of me. I felt good most of the way, and even though I had to walk, I never seriously thought I couldn't complete the distance.

Until next time - happy running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment