Thursday, February 19, 2015

Faster!

Yeah, so, I totally meant to post sooner. As in two or three days ago. But time slipped through my fingers as usual... and I didn't.

But today I kind of had to. I am making progress! It seems like it's been so long since I've moved any direction but backward in my running. Today I had an amazing run... It was a 1k, 1mile, and 5k pr for the year (yes, I know, the year is young... but honestly it's the fastest i've gone for probably 6 months) and it was a full minute faster on average than my runs have been as of late. I am very happy.

I have started doing strength training and core training and I did speedwork for the first time in ages. I have also started paying attention to the position of my body as I run... form, ease, where stress tends to settle, whether or not my arms are moving, etc.

I hope that if I continue doing as I am, I will reach my goals (finally!) and become the best runner that I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment