Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thursday

Thursday (last) I ran 9.11 miles. The number is coincidental, by the way. I wasn't trying for that, that's just how it turned out.

Anyway, it was hard. By mile 5 or 6 I didn't care how slow I was going because my muscles hurt. I wasn't getting injured or anything like that; it was just fatigue! Part of it, I'm sure, was the heat. I was sweating so bad by mile 3 even that I had cold sweat dripping from my hair to my neck. Ugh.

Anyway, as I was going up the Big Hill on mile 4, and the second, though not the last, time I was to go up that hill, I was walking for a bit. I admit, my muscles were starting to hurt. Lately, my feet have been hurting if I go past 3 miles (I think it's shoe related) so that was going on too. Then this man, who's probably about 50 or 60, and is watering his plants, says:
 "How far are you walking?"

Me: "Not walking..."(sheepish grin)
Man: "Running?" Knowing nod.
Me: "Yeah... kind of taking a walk break."
Man: "Yeah. That's what I do."
Me: "I'm going 9 miles today."
Man: "Oh, really?" (surprised, pleasantly.)
Me: "Yeah, well, I'm training for a marathon."
Man: "oh, really? Which one?" Even more excitement here.
Me: "(Tells which one)"
Man: "Oh! I've run it! It's awesome; you'll love it!"

So I was able to do mile 5 in a neat 13:~. Which was nice because, you know, I was on mile 4... and you already know how slow I am, haha.

So it was hot and sweaty and miserable and fun.

I also saw a firetruck from the volunteer station filling up/testing the fire hydrants or something. woo!

Also, R, while he was working, was introduced to another runner who, apparently, is very good. She's still in HS, but she has a running scholarship to a prestigious school. How cool is that?

It's been half-arranged for us to run with her on Sunday...well, today...later... well, R will. I'll be left in the dust, for sure. I'm intimidated.

Oh! Also! I finally got a handheld water bottle! It's a 10 oz'er from Roadrunner Sports. In pink, of course!

Also, I won JOSHATALIE's giveaway for a Road ID woo! I didn't even realize it until 4 days after she announced it because I was getting bad about keeping up on things... yeah...

Okay, so here's the Break Down:

Warm Up: None. I will never do this again; I don't think it helped things.
Mile 1) 14:53
2) 13:43
3) 15:11
4)16:14
5) 13:28
6) 16:33
7) 17:28
8) 14:33
9) 16:07

No comments:

Post a Comment